Take up the Super Scarecrow Street Challenge
Go To Breaking News to get the result of this year’s competition.
We are throwing down the Challenge to any STREET, PART OF A STREET or COMMUNITY GROUP that would like to enter.
Last year we found that those communities taking part in the challenge really enjoyed the shared community involvement and felt that the experience had greatly strengthened friendships among neighbours of all ages, making their area an even more special place to live.
To ENTER and REGISTER for the competition all you have to do is notify us at:
When you register as a street, part of a street or community group you will receive a CHALLENGE PACK containing the following:
- Super Scarecrow Street Competitor Banner
- A bottle of Bubbly (or a non-alcoholic alternative if preferred)
- Stakes and slats for your first 3 scarecrows
- Straws for the stuffing for your first 3 scarecrows
- An information leaflet providing help and guidance for scarecrow design and build
Prizes will be awarded to the THREE BEST ENTRIES
The 2016 winners were:-
- Kirklands Crescent – pictured above
- Birkdale Court – pictured below
- Douglas Gardens
For help and ideas go to the Build a Scarecrow page.